Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Saturday, October 6, 2012

Day #1,387 - Gathering #1



When that alarm went off at 6:30 a.m. I did not appreciate it.  My body was wanting more than four hours of rest.  By 7:10 a.m. the dogs were fed and Doc and I were out the door.  Doc visited Subway for coffee and sandwiches while I went next door to the grocery store for toilet paper.  We could not go home without today’s coin, so we took an indirect route back to the van.  We collected a nickel, then a dime in the parking lot.  (Coins #1&2) As we were driving away, I noted that we still needed a Penny for PENNY Tales.  Doc said, “Keep your eyes open as we are leaving the parking lot.”  I immediately looked out my window and spotted a very run-over penny!  Sit-N-Find  (Coin #3)
Chairs Finally Arrive

Maribel arrived at 8 a.m. to do last-minute cleaning.  She worked for 3.5 hours until she had to leave for a wedding.




The 17 re-upholstered chairs which were expected earlier this week finally arrived at 9 a.m.  They look great.


My mom arrived at 2 p.m. to help for the evening.  She insisted upon creating centerpieces, so she went though the house looking for things to use.  Major detour from my scheduled set-up times.

House Tour




Dinner Time
At 4 p.m. the first persons (of the expected 40) arrived for the Potluck dinner.  From then until 10 p.m. it was food, chatter, house tours, the construction video, and more food. 





Oven Instructions


I had posted a sign on the Oven saying “Still trying to figure out what this device is used for”.  So Greg and Terry showed me with their delicious tray of Baked Ziti.








ME Department Persons

The buffet table was set up in the Dining Room, coffee and tea at Doc’s Coffee Bar, beverages and appetizers out on the Patio, the punch bowl in the Family Room, and the dining tables outside on the patio and driveway.  


The weather was perfect and the City lights were visible in the valley.

In a nutshell: People liked the Penny Palace”. 

I’m glad we found today’s coins early this morning, because I never thought about Penny Finding the rest of the day.

Total:  3 Coins        P (1), N (1), D (1), Q (0) = $0.16

No comments: