Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, September 11, 2017

Sassing Tom

This morning my first stop was at the UPS store to ship two packages on behalf of our Aussie guests.  When I walked in, Tom, the Owner teasingly said, “Hello. Have you found your penny today?”  I told him No - his was the first place I had visited.

I emerged from the UPS store and immediately began a conversation with the Penny Angels.  “Hey Angels.  Tom needs a dose of sassing right back.  Could you show me a coin between here and my truck?  Preferably something which will be noteworthy.” 

Within a few feet, Doc found a Quarter!  That is 25 times a penny!  I was tempted to go right back into the store, but knew that Tom would say something sassy such as “That is a quarter NOT a Penny!  I thought you do PENNY Finding?”  So I proceeded into the grocery store.

I spent maybe all of 60 seconds inside the grocery store and emerged with a handful of coins! (Someone had left them in the return of the coin counting machine).  There were:  4 Quarters, 6 Nickels, 3 Dimes and 13 Pennies.  WOWWW!!!  That qualifies as THREE hits for the cycle as well as a Coin Mine!

I hurried back to show Tom how the Angels had responded to his sassing.  We were all laughing.

Such good fun!

No comments: