Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, May 12, 2020

The Nickel

Doc and I had not left our property for four days!!!!  After dinner I suggested we put on some music (his choice), light the fireplace and then he could work on a jigsaw puzzle or something while I worked on the Memory Album of our Virtual Aussie trip.  Just a nice positive evening.

After dinner Doc plopped in his recliner with TV remote in hand and proceeded to watch news with all the Coronavirus jabber.  The dirty dishes were sitting on the countertop, some bills and other letters were laying out (for several days now) calling for our attention and a few other yucky situations were on my brain.  I lost it.  That was NOT my idea of a pleasant evening together.  Around 8:45 p.m. I changed clothes (from my work grubbies), grabbed my car keys, moved Doc’s van out of my way, and took off in Pippy.  She and I were going Coin Finding!  

Pippy and I found a dime and two pennies at the first stop, then just went driving.  I already had a quarter from earlier in the day, so a Nickel would complete the Hit for the Cycle.

After a while I wondered how I would know it was time to go home.  So I said to the Penny Angels, “When I find a nickel, it will be time to go home”.  Keep in mind that nickels are the rarest coins to find.  I could go weeks without finding one.  My logical brain kicked in saying, “Don’t be silly.  That is NOT reasonable.  Back Off and retract that statement!”  At the next stop (within 15 minutes of issuing that challenge), there was the nickel.  COINcidence?  It was Time to go Home.



1 comment:

Chaz said...

I would consider that an amazing coin-cidence. For anyone else. But not for you. Joy begets joy.

(I laughed when the relaxing evening started out with Doc's coronavirus TV coverage.)

Glad you had a nice date with Pippy.