Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Saturday, November 14, 2009

Special Update: Saturday Nov 14

Hello Penny Pals-

Remember on Day #307 I shared with you about the late night emergency with the elderly gentleman next door? After a few days in the hospital, he came home under hospice care.

All week long I have been thinking "Go say hello and Check on him" "Their 46th Anniversary is Monday, be sure and get a card". I had planned to go there tomorrow (Sunday) to take the card. Too late. Should have listened to the Nudging.

It’s Saturday night. At 10 p.m. Doc was grading quizzes and homework papers in the other room and I was furiously working on some Penny Finders (PF) documents. I was just wondering why in the world I was sitting here doing this PF stuff when other people are going out for the evening, or renting a movie, or playing games, etc. I was also putting off writing today’s Tale saying to the Angels, “Who Really Cares? It won’t matter if I skip a day or don’t write”. Sometimes I feel as though when I write and hit the “send” button, the words go off into space into a Black Hole.

THEN THE DOORBELL RANG.

It was the daughter of the couple next door. Nacho passed away and they have just taken the body. She wanted to let me know. I should have paid more attention to the Nudgings and taken action.

As Esther and I were hugging, she thanked me for including her on Penny Tales these past weeks. Her comment, “In the midst of all this, I have enjoyed reading the Penny Tales. They have brought me comfort.”

WOW! Talk about answers! Within minutes of my defiant comment to the Angels asking, “Why the heck are you giving me this Penny Finding Mission?” the answer was literally knocking on my front door!

Guess it’s time to start writing today’s Penny Finding story …

No comments: