Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, September 13, 2013

Angel George


Do any of you know why Friday, the 13th is supposed to be a bad thing?  In our case, it was a Great Day!

We awoke in our St. George, UT hotel room and then enjoyed the free continental breakfast.  Biscuits and gravy (which Doc enjoys) were even included in the buffet.  Just as we were finishing our meal, the Realtor called to say a second offer had been made on the sale of Doc’s Parents’s house.  This was good news since the first offer was significantly lower than the amount for which we had listed the house.  A good way to start the day.

We packed our bags and headed for home.  A stop for petrol yielded a penny and a dime.  A stop at the Mad Greek Café in Baker provided another penny  (as well as a delicious meal).  A nice way to continue the day.

It was sunset and we were just a mile from home when Doc said, “Let’s stop at the car wash. It has been a week since we have been there.  Surely there will be a few coins.  Besides, I need more steps to make my 10,000 goal for today.  We have been sitting for too many hours”. 

I agreed to make a QUICK stop at the closed car wash.  We began searching.  There was a man servicing the advertising kiosk.  After a few minutes, he asked what I might be doing.  I said “walking to get more steps”.  Then I confessed I was really Penny Finding.  He said that would be good exercise.  I replied there was much more to the story.

George's Gift
The man said he had a few pennies in his truck and that I was welcome to take those.  I of course told him those coins would not be considered “Found” coins, but I would accept them and add them to the collection to donate.  He opened his truck door and said to go ahead and grab the coins. I took the coins and thanked him for the 4 pennies.  He said “Four?  No, I meant the ones in the cup holder”.  The holder was overflowing!  I could not hold all the pennies in one hand.  I ran back to my car, deposited the coins, fetched a Penny Card and ran back.  I gave George my card, he gave me one of his, and then he drove off before I could find Doc to get a picture of the Penny Angel.

Evidently Doc was off doing some serious penny finding of his own - including a Mexican 2 Peso piece.  Doc says perhaps that is an indicator of upcoming travel?  A nice way to end the day.

Coin Count:   26 Coins            22 (P), 1 (N),  2 (D), 0 (Q) + 1 Foreign = $0.47 + 2 Pesos

From Penny Angel George:                        88 Pennies

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

88 is a very special number: double infinity.