Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Sunday, September 1, 2013

Triple Play


Wow.  It has been nearly two months since I have written a Penny Tale.  Finding the daily Pennies (or other coins) is so easy; it is the writing which is difficult for me.

There were coin finds EVERY DAY in both July and August.  That’s at least 62 consecutive days.  I maintain a spreadsheet detailing the data of how many found each day and where.  (For any of you data nerds who want validation).  For the normal people here is a summary:

July Count:   397 Coins            329 (P), 18 (N),  37 (D), 7 (Q) + 6 Other = $9.64 + ?

August Count:   321 Coins            248 (P), 9 (N),  42 (D),  17 (Q) + 5 Other = $11.38 + ?

And of course there were numerous mind-boggling stories, escapades and encounters along the way along with some silly coins (like the taco quarter).

*********************
*********************

Today’s Penny Tale is an example of Walks and Talks with the Penny Angels …

Each Sunday morning Doc stops at Starbucks on his way to the Weight Watchers meeting.  He buys coffee, I walk the parking lot.  This morning I was saying Good Morning to the Penny Angels and telling them that I did not really want to walk because the asphalt was unbearably hot.  Within moments I found a dime and two pennies.  Thanks Angels for making that so quick.  (Coins #1-3).  I was satisfied for the day.

Later in the afternoon, Doc wanted to go for a walk in order to achieve his daily 10,000 Step Goal.  It was at sunset, so we decided to make it a scenic walk as well and wandered through the campus of the local community college.  I spotted two nickels under a soda vending machine.  (Coins #4&5) Wow!  Nickels.  That meant we just needed a quarter to score a Hit for the Cycle.  Doc looked in the coin return of another machine and immediately had a quarter!  Nice.  (Coin #6)

We walked around the campus a little longer and found four pennies.  (Coins #7-10). We were headed back to the van when Doc pointed out another soda vending machine and told me to go get a quarter. (Note: that was more of a directive versus a request).  I scampered off to go investigate.  When I returned to Doc he asked, “Did you find a quarter under that machine?  I answered, “No. Nothing UNDER the machine”.  “But I DID find a quarter in the coin return slot!”  (Coin #11).

***********
By then I had caught Penny Fever.  We just needed another dime and we would have a Double Hit for the Cycle (H.F.C.)!  Although we were in a hurry to get our grocery shopping completed and get home, it was sunset and I KNEW there would be coins just glistening in the diminishing light for me at the closed car wash.  That must be how gamblers feel … just one more roll of the dice …

As we drove to the car wash, I was saying, “Dime, dime, dime …”  Doc parked the car. I hopped out and shut my door.  There was the dime gleaming in the sun!  With a penny next to it.  (After all, these are PENNY Angels fulfilling my DIME request.)  (Coins #12&13).  Wow.  What a great example of verbalizing and manifesting.

Since we had already parked at the car wash, I had to at least walk around a little bit.  We found a dime and five more pennies.  (Coins #14-19)

***********
We finally made it to the first grocery store.  As I walked in, there was a penny.  Then in the coin return of a closed check out lane there were several coins.  I scooped them up and didn’t open my hand until reaching the produce section.  There were 4P, 1N, and THREE Dimes!  I had asked the Angels for Dimes tonight.  Wow.  One more penny as we paid for our groceries.  (Coins #20-29).

On the drive to the second grocery store I noted to Doc, “Three Nickels in a day is very rare.  Do you realize one more quarter would make a Triple Hit for the Cycle?  Where can we for sure find another quarter?”   His reply, “The only place I can guarantee you will find a quarter right now is in my pocket!”  We laughed.  I again reminded him that if EVER he planted a coin for me or lied to me about a coin find, it would be grounds for divorce.  He could mess around with another woman, but he’d better NEVER mess around with the integrity of my Penny Finding!   ;-)

When Doc parked the van, I hopped out repeating, “Quarter, quarter, quarter …”  Doc went into the grocery store and I walked around the parking lot.  Finally I headed to the grocery store (and air conditioning).  I was still talking to the Angels:  “I don’t know.  Maybe I’m being greedy asking for more, more, more.  Maybe I should minimize my desires/requests.  Should I give up?”  As I approached the doors to the store:  “Penny Angels, we are at the bottom of the 9th inning with bases loaded. One Quarter will make this a TRIPLE H.F.C. Day.  It will also make a compeling story for the readers and lesson about Asking and Manifesting.  It is YOUR decision.  I know you are capable of this.”  I walked past a row of newspaper dispensing machines.  In the coin return of very last one was the quarter!!!!  I stood there in awe. 
Guess the Angels wanted their story told today.

Coin Count:   31 Coins            19 (P), 3 (N),  6 (D), 3 (Q) = $1.69

2 comments:

Chaz DeSimone said...

That's a mystery* suspense* thriller* all in one!

*triple hit

JR said...

I got my own THFTC in August (all thereof). Total: 22 Coins P (5), N (3), D (5), Q (9) =$2.95