Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Fueled

Today was a very full day.  There were a few ‘chores’ sprinkled throughout, but much of the day was spent with friends.  I had a walk and lunch with one friend.  Turns out today was the final day of her divorce.  I was shocked to hear that.  Just one of those “coincidences” - and there were several more during the morning.   It was good to be with her today.

As I was rushing home to shower and change for my next appointment, I noticed Pippy’s fuel gauge at the 1/8 full level.  I knew I could make it to the next destination on that amount, but I would have greater peace of mind (and not have to fill up later tonight) if I fuelled then.

As I was pumping the gasoline, I was feeling guilty about spending several hours today just being with people who “fuel me”.  I should be working on taxes, repairing things around the house, dealing with rental properties, etc.  - not “goofing off”.  Then I thought about the truck and how it needs regular fuelling and servicing to keep it running.  Does our spirit need that as well?  I feel that when MY gas tank is full, then I have the energy to go places and do things for other people.

As I was returning the nozzle to its holder, I remembered about Penny Finding and spoke to the Angels.  “Hello.  Uhhh… I’ve got a pretty full day today and don’t really want to spend any time searching.  If you want a coin to be found, could you please do it here before I leave?  Thank You”.  I looked to the left of the pump and within 10 seconds I had a penny!  I walked to the Driver’s side of the truck, opened the door and began to sit down.  Then noticed a penny approximately 5 ft. from the truck.  That’s their 2¢ Worth for today!!!

This evening I spent time with a wonderful friend and it was non-stop discussions on dozens of topics.  For a few hours I was able to “Live in the Moment” and just enjoy the re-charging.



Question:  What re-refuels YOUR spirit?  A walk in a park? Time with an animal?  Exercise? Warming other people’s hearts?  ARKs  (Acts of Random Kindness)?

1 comment:

Chaz DeSimone said...

Tina, there's a rainbow over my desk in the form of a balloon. It's the one you gave me when I stopped by to visit, after visiting with another friend all day. I cherish my rainbow as well as our visit. My time with people is more important than any chore, project, purchase or anything else. Consider this: your chores are left undone because you're spending time with friends OR you are doing your chores because you have no friends to spend time with. Which scenario fuels your soul?