Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Saturday, January 19, 2019

Playful

Today was Day #5 of Doc’s knee surgery recovery.  We spent the entire day working his rehab procedures.  At 8 p.m. I realized I did not have today’s coin yet.  What to do? I settled Doc into his recliner, made him a cup of warm tea, had him swallow a Norco pill, and put the TV remote controller in his hand.  Then I headed out to the nearest grocery store.

Before his surgery, Doc mentioned that it would be nice to have some flowers around the house.  I grabbed a bunch of flowers at the store along with the bananas he requested. There was a penny at my feet as I was paying for those items.

I have this ongoing discussion with the Penny Angels that ONE penny in a day is a ‘fluke’.  Two pennies confirm that the coins are Heaven Sent.  That’s a sign of God’s Two Cents worth for the day.  I went to the second store (next door) to obtain fruit and a balloon (as far as anyone else knew), but really to seek a second penny.  I found a dime.  OK.  I’ll be satisfied with that.  Thank You angels.

The parking lot was darkand there was no one else around, so I began talking out loud to the Angels. “I realize coinage doesn’t mean much in heaven, but a dime does not equal a penny.  That is NOT God’s 2¢ worth for today.  Do you have anything to say about that?”  Within 2-3 seconds I saw something glisten.  I was laughing.  “Are you serious?  Is that a penny there?”  It was! “Well that was a quick reply.  Glad to see that you are listening tonight”  And instantly there was ANOTHER penny!  By then I was at my car.  It only took 40 minutes to get the groceries, flowers, a balloon and four coins.  Nice!

Reminder: The Angels are on duty at all times and they love to play!

No comments: