Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Summary of 2018

WOW!  One week of 2019 has already been completed and I am just getting the 2018 data entered.  2018 was another 365 days of finding coins EVERY DAY – even when on a bus tour in Canada. That was NOT easy at all.

In summary we found: 
2066 Pennies, 160 Nickels, 523 Dimes and 162 Quarters plus some others. There were 2923 basic coins.
There were 72 Norman Pennies (2015D minted pennies) and 49 Hits for the Cycle.
There were 90 additional coins including ones from Portugal, Ireland, Mexico, the Czech Republic, India, Korea, Japan, China, Brazil, Columbia, Great Britain and of course, Canada.

Next week when Doc has his knee surgery, I’m arranging for “Doc Sitters” so that I can escape for an hour or two to find the daily coin(s).  Today is consecutive Day #544 and we can’t end the streak merely because Doc will be house bound.

***********


On Monday, New Year’s Eve, Doc was “rehearsing” for New Year’s Day. That is when he sits in his recliner pretty much all day and watches TV.  Suddenly the chair totally collapsed!  Doc’s world was shattered!  What would he do without his chair for the Rose Bowl? He managed to survive using sofas and other chairs.  




On Friday a technician came out to repair the recliner.  Look what fell out – four coins in an exact Hit for the Cycle!  I don’t think those count as legitimate finds since they were already in the house, but it was fun!



***********


Today Doc and I met the P.A. anesthesiologist for Doc’s upcoming knee surgery.  It was a small room with 3 chairs.  As we got up to leave, I noticed a quarter under my chair; and then a second one!  I KNOW those coins were not there when I sat down.  Was I laying coins?  

Doc is now “bubble wrapped” because in six days he will be undergoing knee surgery.  I doubt he will be doing much Penny Finding for a while after that.















May YOUR 2019 be filled with silly times and lots of Penny Finds.

No comments: