Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, May 20, 2019

Canine Coin Finds

This morning we disembarked the American Empress Paddlewheeler in Clarkston and took a motorcoach sightseeing tour to Spokane, WA.
 

It was noon before I found the first penny.  It was at the Looff Carousel.  (Photo 1). That met the minimum daily requirement.

After checking into the historic Davenport hotel, son Brian, his wife Celeste, Doc and I walked the town.  First stop was for coffee, second stop for lunch.  Then it was time for sightseeing and Penny Finding!!!!

We rode the Gondolas across the Spokane River Falls.  While Doc was buying the tickets, I was finding another Penny.  God's 2 cents worth for today. (Photo 2)

 

As we were walking, Celeste spotted two more pennies.  Doc and Brian had now gone three hours without a coffee.  It was time for a fix.  While they went inside the Starbucks, Celeste and I stood on the sidewalk watching people go by.

Down the street came two good looking Chesapeake Bay Retrievers.  That got my attention.  Time for some canine therapy!  (Doc NEEDS coffee, I need canine hugs).  I made eye contact with Radar, the darker dog.  He pulled over toward me and stopped -- on a Penny!  Seriously.  His front paw was inches from a penny!

Radar was a birthday gift to Kenley,  She and I struck up a conversation about pennies and angels and such.  She wants to be a writer.  She spotted another penny, then I spotted one, then she spotted one.  She kept her two coins and I kept my two.

It was a few moments of sheer JOY!!!!
Perhaps I can train MY MUTTS to Penny Find?

No comments: