Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Airport Antics

Today was the final day of our vacation.  EVERY day was magical and superseded our expectations.  The best part was being with our son and daughter-in-law on their honeymoon.  (They married five years ago, but had delayed their honeymoon).  All of us were acting like newlyweds again.

This morning we said goodbye to Brian and Celeste.  Then Doc and I called for an Uber ride to the nearest Fred Myers superstore for coffee, breakfast and Penny Finding!  The coffee, sandwich, fruit, etc. was under $10 for the two of us, but the ride to get there was $13!    LOL   We found 6 pennies and a dime inside the store, with an additional 5 pennies in the nearby gas station and car wash.   Mission accomplished.

***************
While eating breakfast I realized I had not bought any souvenirs to take home.  I searched the entire superstore for something unique and memorable.  Finally found these Steve Madden socks – Penny Socks! And they were marked down from $14 to $5 for the 5 pairs.  OK. Splurge! 

***************
One of the objectives of this trip was to test out Doc’s newly implanted knee.  He walked over 10,000 steps each day on this trip (usually 12,000-15,000) and yesterday logged over 18,000 steps!  It appears the new hardware is working quite well.  YAY!  The other knee however is complaining loudly and wanting replacement as well.



***************
At noon it was time to head to the airport.  Going through security took a really long time for Doc to take off all his accessories, take apart the contents of his medical bag, etc.  We finally cleared that hurdle and Doc headed for Starbucks and lunch.  I went Penny Finding.

I spotted a penny on the floor – under a sleeping older gentleman.  Now just how was I going to get that penny from underneath him without waking him?  I assessed the situation and finally determined to approach from the aisle behind the man.   I was reaching and stretching and trying to coax that penny closer to me.  I emerged with penny in hand.  A man in the next aisle quipped: “That was sure a lot of effort for a penny!”  My reply: “It’s not the Money, It’s the Message.”  By now several other passengers were listening and I had an audience.  That led to a brief explanation of Penny Finding as well as a few short Penny Tales. Within a few minutes the other passengers were all smiling at the stories and at each other.  I skipped away saying “JOY is Contagious – Help spread It!


No comments: