Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day #594 - Magnetic

I had a long list of things I wanted to accomplish today. This morning just as I was “getting underway”, Doc insisted that I drop everything and go to Target with him! Grrrrr….

When we entered Target, I spotted a penny at the coffee counter. OK. At least that task was completed. Doc found a dime while buying his coffee. Then I spotted something silver … a quarter! We needed Doc’s coffee stir stick (a tool) to retrieve the coin. (Coins #1-3)

Doc got the one item he needed while I shopped for some supplies for the rental unit. Doc headed back to the coffee lounge to wait for me. He found another quarter, then 3 additional pennies. Doc was like a magnet today - just attracting the coins! (Coins #4-7)

***************

This afternoon Doc was enrolled in a class. On the way he stopped at McDonald’s for a burger - and a penny. (Coin #8).

After his class he stopped at CVS just to look for coins! That man has serious Penny Fever. He found a penny (Coin #9)

***************

This afternoon I took a little detour to a nearby glass shop which designs leaded glass pieces. That visit has been on my “want to do list” for several weeks. I had sketched a design for the trapezoid windows for the new house -- a penny / sunburst design. I was seeking merely an approximate quote for that window. I got it. The drawing has now moved from my “active folder” to the “archived along with other dreams”. The solar panels are also in that file.

Total: 9 Coins P (6), N (0), D (1), Q (2) = 66¢

No comments: