Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, July 8, 2011

Day #931 - Verbalizing

Continued progress on the Penny Palace. Both garages roofs are now sheathed as well as a good part of the North end of the house. (See video)

After visiting the construction site, Doc and I realized we needed to find today’s coin. To be adventurous, we stopped at the Walgreens Pharmacy instead of CVS. Doc parked in the shade at the furthest parking space from the store entrance. I hopped out of the car saying, “Coin, coin, coin …” Doc asked if I had seen a coin. I replied, “No, I am just verbalizing them into existence”. Doc replied, “you mean like the one you are now passing in that window opening?”
“YES!” (Coin #1)

I collected the first coin and then began saying “Coin, coin, coin …” We walked a few feet closer to the door and there was another penny, then another and another (Coins #2-4). The searching was going well, so we proceeded past the front door and looked a little further … Three pennies there. (Coins #5-7). Inside we found a dime in one aisle and a penny by the register. (Coins #8&9). Doc discovered another penny by a trash can as we exited the store. (Coin #10).

Our next stop was the 99¢ store for some gift bags for the upcoming reunion. Found 2 pennies inside, then a nickel as we were leaving. (Coins #11-13)

Total: 13 Coins P (11), N (1), D (1), Q (0) = $0.26

No comments: