Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, July 29, 2011

Day #952 - Fireplace Chat


Doc spent the morning assisting son, Stephen on electrical work at his new house. En route Doc stopped at McDonalds for breakfast and a penny. (Coin #1) I spent the morning sorting and preparing the construction expenses for July.

Some out-of-state friends were driving on the freeway near the Penny Palace. They called to see if they could drop by to say hello. So Doc and I took a break from our respective tasks to give a Penny Palace tour. Charlene is a dear friend who has been dreaming this house with us for 25+ years. She last saw the property when it was only bare land. Needless she was astonished at the changes over the past six months.

It was fun to have guests sitting and standing around the future fireplace for our first Fireplace Chat.

On the way back home, I stopped at a Walgreen’s for supplies and to look for today’s coin. I did a SingSong as I hopped out of the truck. There was a dime in my path. There was a penny before I reached the front door of the store and then another. One more just after I said, “Thanks Angels, any more?” (Coins #2-5)

There was a phone message when I got home. “The windows have been delivered to the lumber company”. That is sooner than expected. We need to get the framing and roofing done so we can install those windows

I spent the afternoon and evening chomping through the July construction invoices, some rental issues and other accounting tasks. The growing pile of invoices means that much is happening right now!

Total: 5 Coins P (4), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.14

No comments: