Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, May 20, 2010

Day #517 - Rise N SHINE

Things are getting busier and busier as we approach the end of the school year. That alarm clock went off way too soon this morning. Felt like I had just turned out the lights when that irritating noise pierced my peaceful slumber. Time to Rise N SHINE!

One dime at Starbucks on the way to work. One penny at the Round Table pizza as I passed by there after attending a noon workshop. (Coins #1&2)

I attended a workshop today where the speaker talked about “feeling full inside” (and she wasn’t talking about a large pasta lunch). Do you take a moment or two each day to do even one tiny thing which “fills you?” How can we SHINE (or radiate) if we are empty inside?

On the way home from work, Doc and I decided to take an hour and “play”, so we stopped at a local street fair and just walked for a few minutes. There was one penny in a parking stall at the Circle K, then a nickel as we were exiting the same lot. (Coins #3&4). As we were walking back toward our parked van, I stopped to gaze over at some picnic tables. I said to Doc, “I don’t see any coins under those tables”. He replied, “How about the coin under your foot!” I was standing on a penny! (Coin #5).

Lesson: Sometimes what we are seeking may be closer than we realize.

Total: 5 Coins P (3), N (1), D (1), Q (0) = $0.18

No comments: