Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, May 31, 2010

Day #528 - Memorial Day Monday

Today I just really wanted to stay home and clean my office, do laundry, catch up on bills, etc.

By late morning I realized I should get out and look for a penny. I headed for the car wash. I paid the cashier and he returned my 5¢ of change saying, “A whole nickel”. I replied, “Every Penny Matters.” The cashier helped another customer in line and I headed out to wait for my truck. But I could not resist going back and giving the cashier a Penny Card while telling him the story. He asked if I had found today’s coin. I told him I had not. He said he would help me look, so we went out and sure enough there was a beautiful shiny penny just outside the front door! Nice! (Coin #1)

Stopped at a gas station. It had been over two months since I fuelled my truck. Wow! No coins there.

I next went to the office supply store. I paid the cashier and she returned my 1¢ of change saying, “Your Lucky Penny”. I replied, “No. I have already found that one and this one does NOT count as a found penny.” I told the cashier about Penny Tales and gave her a Penny Card. She asked me to tell her an example of one of my Tales. I told, she smiled. JOY shared.

Spent the rest of the day on household tasks plus 2-3 hours reviewing the Landscape plans for the new house.

***************

Doc went out to deliver some documents to his realtor. He had seen a penny yesterday in a road depression (foregone), but there was too much traffic. Today he went back and retrieved one very battered coin. Sit-N-Find. Doc had a few minutes before his appointment, so he stopped at a Starbucks within a grocery store. He got coffee and a penny. After Doc’s meeting he went to school to work for a while. He was starving on the way home so he stopped at McDonalds for two burgers and two pennies. (Coins #2-5)

Total: 5 Pennies

No comments: