Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Day #523 - Finding Rate

Doc stopped for his Starbucks coffee on the way to school. I collected a penny (Coin #1).

I needed to run an errand across campus, so passed through the Marketplace and collected a penny (Coin #2).

This afternoon we had our bi-weekly playtime with the kids. The weather was absolutely breathtaking.. Blue skies, 70+ degree temperatures, the mountains were crystal clear and you could even see downtown LA from 20+ miles away. Gorgeous. We went to a local park and played for a while. Doc found one penny by the soda vending machines. (Coin #3). Our next stop was the library for some reading. Doc found a penny at the photocopier (Coin #4). All that activity made everyone hungry so we headed to downtown Pasadena for some noodles and Mongolian BBQ. Brandon found one penny at the Carl’s Jr. next door to where we had dinner. He found it not at the drive through window, but in the grass! (Coin #5). Then as we began driving away, I shouted “Penny”! So Uncle Doc put the van in reverse and I hopped out to retrieve Coin #6.

We had approximately one hour until the kids’ 8:30 PM curfew. Of course they wanted to spend the time at Chuck E. Cheese’s. While the kids and Uncle Doc were spending coins, I was seeking them. I collected one CEC token and four pennies. (Coins #7-10). Somehow my Finding Rate did not keep up with their Spending Rate!

The little kids were taken home on time then we headed back to school to clean up some additional tasks. The little kids and our College students are looking forward to the end of school -- and so are we!

Total: 10 Pennies + one game token

No comments: