Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Saturday, May 29, 2010

Day #526 - Mushroom Coins

Nice day with not too many commitments.

Of course Doc began the day with a coffee at Starbucks, but he chose a walk-up one. I didn’t find any coins there, so next Doc stopped at In-N-Out and the grocery store. No coins. I walked back to the van saying, “C’mon Penny Angels, come out to play”. Within 10 seconds there was a dime where a car pulled out of a parking stall! Asphalt Coin. (Coin #1)

We went to school for a while so Doc could print out 3-D parts for some students’ projects. They go off and play for the weekend and leave him to print their work!

At noon we took a break to meet with a realtor. Doc made a quick stop at McDonald’s for an appetizer. I found a penny. (Coin #2) After our meeting, Doc wanted to stop at CVS to find HIS coin for today. He found a penny at the copy machine then another penny by the blood pressure tester. The score was now tied 2:2.

When we returned to campus, I was passing a study room and spotted a dime through the glass door. Captured! (Coin #5). I was “nudged” to check another study room. Could not believe it. There was no one in there. (The other study rooms and computer labs were all very busy). I turned on the light. It looked like a tornado had hit the room. There was trash and things all over the place. And there was a penny under a study table, then a second penny. Found a dime and quarter on the sofa. Penny under a computer station. Two pennies along the wall, a penny on a box, a penny on a table…. Every time I turned my head, there was a coin in sight. Mushroom coins! I collected 22 coins throughout the room! Coin Mine!

Total: 27 Coins P (20), N (3), D (3), Q (1) = $0.90

No comments: