Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Day #522 - Hang On!

Doc started the day with a trip to Starbucks. He chose one without a drive through window, and thus, no coins found.

As we were driving to school I noticed the In-N-Out Burger place was not yet open, so Doc tossed me out of the van and I went walking. The place had just been hosed down, so coins not likely. But then I found one wet, bedraggled one. J find for the day. Then as I began walking away I spotted another one. It made me laugh. It looked like it was holding on for dear life to the side of the brick building! This poor penny must have gotten wedged there when the torrential floods came (the hose down) and it didn’t want to be washed into the drain grate. Of course I rescued it. (Coins #1&2).

Angel Lesson: Sometimes it may feel like you are drowning and just hanging on for dear life. HOLD ON and know that your situation is sure to CHANGE.

Doc had left the van and gone into the bank for some cash. So I had a few minutes before his return. I had spotted a few coins earlier in the week embedded in the floor wax around the coin counting kiosk. This time I was prepared … With screw driver in hand I went stalking my prey. Thought I might need more of a pry bar, but eventually emerged with 3 sticky pennies, one nickel, and one quarter. My arm was too short to get the additional 2 coins (foregones). (Coins #3-7).

Doc said we needed a dime to Hit for the Cycle, so he pulled into a gas station. I only found a penny. (Coin #8) Then it was time to get to school!

Total: 8 Coins P (6), N (1), D (0), Q (1) = $0.36

No comments: