Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day #852 - Dragon's Lair


Since I have been called “Dragon Lady”, the new Lawn Shed has become the Dragon’s Lair.

Today we ran an extension cord across the lot to it, set up a table and chairs, hung a white board, and hung out my sign. Tomorrow Doc wants the fridge and coffee pot in place.

Framer Danny was on the job today. Marking more wall placements. Found one foundation footing 4” off. Four inches doesn’t sound like a big deal across a hundred feet, but when you realize that it means our 28” door would shrink to a 24” door; that doesn’t work well.

Doc stopped to get petrol. I didn’t find any coins at the convenience station or the car wash, so wandered over to the Carl’s Jr. and collected three pennies. (Coins #1-3). At the job site Daryl was leaving when he found a penny in the gravel area!

Doc and I stopped for lunch where I collected a dime and a beautiful shiny new penny. Both were “tool finds” requiring the use of a slick, glossy business card to slide the coins out from their hiding place. Doc found a car wash token (equal to 25¢).

Total: 5 Coins + one token P (4), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.14 + one token

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Hee hee, I like the sign Dragon Lady!