Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day #853 - Movin' Up

We are movin’ on up! Getting some height to the structure. No time for Penny Finding.

This morning I mailed off the contract for Gas Service, then went to the nearest Gas Co. office to pay for the new meter and connection fees. The service area was quite stark and small. No furniture, and hard floor, and essentially void. I carefully scanned the entire floor as I entered the room. I conducted my transaction at the window and turned away. There was a penny in my path! A young boy and father were my witness, so I gave them a Penny Card and we shared a moment of Joy.

Doc and Sparky collected a penny on their coffee run this morning.

***************

I ‘test parked’ Pippy in her future parking spot in front of the Dragon’s Lair. She fit nicely. Glad we added that extra foot of width on the driveway to allow an easier turn around.

House Progress: Ordered gas meter and new line. Dropped off payment and a goodie basket for concrete crew at their office. Met with several people on site. Doc set up coffee station in the Dragon’s Lair to keep the workers hyped. Spent three hours with cabinet designer for laundry room and bathroom cabinets. Treated sill plates were bolted down on all foundation walls. The strong walls next to the fireplace were lifted into place.

Off now to prepare for tomorrow’s stuff.

Total: 2 Pennies

No comments: