Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, April 25, 2011

Day #857 - Copper Cures

This morning Doc headed for school. I made calls, took care of a few tasks, then headed for the job site. I needed one item from the 99¢ store. Walked in there, claimed a dime, saw the long lines, and left. (Coin #1).

It was great to have the Dragon’s Lair (shed) to work in today. Protection from the sun, a coffee station for the workers, and a homework table where Joe, the son of the framer could do his homework.

Much progress today. Several loads of dirt brought in which raised the driveway level a few inches. Many more support walls built.

I noticed the framer was changing out his shoes. He has been placing pennies in his shoes! He said he did not believe it, but was told that Copper has healing qualities. He tried it one day last week and noticed a difference, so he was trying it again today!

Lesson: Copper is good for the soul and the soles.

On the way home from the site, I stopped at some flooring stores, then the grocery store. Did not see any coins. After doing the grocery shopping, I was approaching my car in a very full parking lot. I said, “Look Penny Angels, Doc is going to give me grief if I don’t have a Penny for Penny Tales. Anything you want to do about that?” I immediately looked to my right and there was a very run-over penny! (Coin #2) Thanks Angels!

I made one final quick stop at the office supply store. As I drove into a parking spot, I spotted a shiny something in the planter. Parked the car, then hopped out to collect a dime. Sit-N-Find. (Coin #3).

Total: 3 Coins P (1), N (0), D (2), Q (0) = $0.21 Lucky 21

***************

After I had typed today’s Penny Tale, I received an incoming email with some medical information. Tip #8 said: Copper - Your bones need copper to make collagen, an essential component for bones, joints and other connective tissue. In fact, multiple studies show that low levels of copper raise the risk of bone fractures. In studies of both healthy adult men and elderly, bedridden patients, supplementing with copper reduced bone loss by slowing down the breakdown of bone.

Interesting that information should arrive just before sending out tonight’s Tale.

No comments: