Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Day #1,187 - More Specific

This morning on our way to the Penny Palace, Doc stopped to get a breakfast sandwich. I was doing a SingSong as we pulled into the parking lot, “Hey Penny Angels won’t you come out to play?” I spotted something shiny as Doc was parking the van. I hopped out to fetch a quarter. Great start for the day. (Coin #1)

Doc suggested I walk next door past the drive up window to look for coins. I had never found a coin at that establishment. As the financial disclaimers would state, “Past Performance is no indication of future results”. There was a dime waiting for me. (Coin #2)

We made a brief stop at Lowe’s so I could get a rubber trowel to grout the tile stream today. I was looking around the self-checkout area and did not see any coins. The young attendant asked if she could help me. I said I was looking for today’s penny. I looked down next to me and it was there! So I gave her a smile and a Penny Card in exchange for the coin. (Coin #3)

***************

When we arrived at the Penny Palace, two guys from the concrete team were moving rocks, scraping dirt, and laying the rebar. Tomorrow the concrete will be poured in front of the garage.

There were two Landscaping guys working in the back yard, They removed one 50 gallon storage tank and started digging to insert the 305 gallon tank. They encountered 3 large boulders so, for today, that project was halted. Instead they moved to the front yard to work on the irrigation lines.

***************

What did Doc and I work on today? Late this morning Project Manager Daryl came by. He and Doc drank coffee. Drywall Cesar visited. He had not seen the Penny Palace in several months. He was pleasantly surprised. The three guys went for lunch - taking my needed tools and supplies with them in the back of the van. I was trying to work and very frustrated!

When Doc returned from lunch we had only 2.5 hours remaining to work for the day before our 3 p.m. appointment. I made him do double-time to catch up from all his goofing off this morning. We were able to grout ¾ of the stream before we ran out of grout mix. I was hoping we would have enough powder because I did not want to buy another 25 lb. bag for just 1-2 lbs. No such luck.

***************

We locked up the Penny Palace and were headed to the tile store. Doc found a quarter out at the curb in front of the house. Nice. (Coin #4)

We stopped at an office supply store for the products we had ordered Sunday. As we were leaving Doc lamented, “We STILL need a nickel to get a Hit for the Cycle today.” A few minutes later we were stopped at a red traffic light and Doc exclaimed, “Coin!” He hopped out and dove for it. It was a nickel. He returned saying, “It was a NICKEL and I had my finger on it. But it was embedded!” (Foregone) So next time we ask the Angels for something, we need to be More Specific. We want coins which we can Collect, not just look at.

Total: 4 Coins P (1), N (0), D (1), Q (2) = $0.61

No comments: