Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Sunday, March 25, 2012

Day #1,192 - Dog Tired


This morning I slept in until 8 a.m., but was out in the garden working by 8:15. Doc had been awake for quite a while, but he is a little slower to get moving. By around 9:00 I was done in the yard and he was coming outside to see what we were going to work on today.

We arrived at the Penny Palace at 10:30 a.m. after stopping for a coffee, three pennies and a quarter at a 7-11 store. (Coins #1-4). We needed to transport the clivia plants as well as the spotted leopard and other plans I had dug up this morning. What a difference just a little bit of greenery made. It was a beautiful day so Doc worked on removal of the concrete chalk lines while I put sealer on the tile stream grout. Notice in the photo how Doc and Sparky have similar “work like a dog” postures.

The clouds moved in and as we left the Penny Palace it was beginning to drizzle. By afternoon we were experiencing heavy rains at home. We had promised to take the doggies for nail trimming. We had planned to do it each weekend for the past three weeks, but kept putting it off. Neither Doc, the dogs, nor I wanted to go out in the rain, but we did. Norman especially does not like getting wet, so he “did his duty” inside the pet store! Doc found two pennies in the planters outside while he was waiting for me to bring each dog out to him. (Coins #5&6).

On Sunday evenings Doc and I typically do our weekly grocery shopping. This evening we were both too tired and chose to take a nap instead. We were “working like dogs”.

Total: 6 Coins P (5), N (0), D (0), Q (1) = $0.30

No comments: