Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, June 4, 2012

Day #1,263 - Family Dinner


Doc has had a 15 minute commute to work for the past 30 years.  Now he needs to allow triple that!  Some adjustment needed.  Sure glad my retirement begins at the end of this month so I won't need to make that long commute.

Doc put his first Final Exam together, then headed for school to hold his office hours.  He then made copies of this exams to be ready for tomorrow.

I cleaned and organized at the Penny Palace until early afternoon, then headed out.  One Penny at a Target store. (Coin #1).  I stopped at Finish Carpenter David’s house to pick up the two chairs he was repairing.  Got to the Pomona house around 3:30.  Doc arrived around 5:30 with one dime he had found at school.  (Coin #2) 

Finding Buried Treasures
We spent an hour doing various things.  I found my gradeschool homework from when I used to attend a German school each Saturday morning.  Doc managed to part with the 30-year old (partially disintegrated) computer runs from his PhD research.
Family Dinner

My Mom arrived at 6:30 bringing along some of her delicious cucumber salad.  Doc made a run to the local roasted chicken store and brought home dinner. 

Mom lovingly transplanted and fertilized my African Violet plants before they make their big move to the Penny Palace.



Total:    2  Coins        P (1), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.11



No comments: