Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Day #1,271 - Doubting Tina


This morning the focus was on grading Final Exams.  Once those were completed, I entered the scores for Doc and he assigned the Final Grades for his students.

We STILL have no phone, internet, or TV at the Penny Palace.  It is somewhat like being at the cabin.  Awake as soon as the sun shines through the windows, then thoughts of going to bed as early as 11:30 p.m.!

At 2 p.m. we headed to school so that Doc could get on the computer and submit his grades.  Meanwhile I went to the Human Resources department to donate my unused sick leave hours and then to pursue turning in my keys.  It was a long, slow walk from place to place and by the end of the journey, my injured leg was not happy with me.

Solar Car Model
At 4:30 Doc and I met at the solar car project storage area.  We spent two hours trying to figure out what to do with all the memorabilia.  (Emotionally draining).  With the new administration in the College, there are many changes being implemented.  We feared that the trophies, proclamations, wind tunnel models, photos, videos, posters, etc. would end up in a dumpster.  Thus, we rescued a few artifacts. But now what do we do with them? 

As we were leaving school, Doc cruised through the student parking lot.  He spotted a penny and a dime.  (Coins #1&2).  Since I didn’t have a coin yet, he stopped at a Chevron station so I could look for a coin.  There were none by the cash register area (typical place), but a penny in the snack aisle!  (Coin #3)

We spent an hour at the Pomona house checking and sending emails, then packing up one or two small boxes.

Before getting on the freeway, Doc detoured to the grocery store. I was not excited about another delay.  As we entered the store I could see a quarter through the glass window panes, but it was behind a vending machine.  For a quarter, I could squeeze behind there.  (Coin #4).

While shopping inside the store, I quietly said to Doc, “You do realize that now we just need a nickel to get a "Hit for the Cycle”.  I was honestly too tired to really care, but I said it out loud to Doc somewhat playfully, “nickel, nickel, nickel”.  We paid for our groceries and left the store.  Doc walked behind the car parked next to ours and found a penny.  (Coin #5).  I walked directly to my side of the van and spotted something silver just a few feet from my door.  No way?  Yes!  It was a nickel!  Wow!  And I didn’t really even seriously request it.  While I said “nickel, nickel, nickel” out loud, inwardly I was thinking “no way.  I doubt it.  The chances of that are one in a million.  Not a shot tonight and quite frankly I don’t care!”  I guess the Angels told me just what to do with my Doubts!



Total:    6 Coins        P (3), N (1), D (1), Q (1) = $0.43     

No comments: