Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Day #1,265 - Many INGs


Today = Adjusting, Checking, Grading, Grinding, Sorting, Donating, Tossing, Packing, Transporting.

This morning Doc adjusted the driveway gate so that Sparky, his little dog, won't escape again.  Then he checked the oil on Pippy.  She looked good.  Yippee!

Donations
At 7:30 we headed for the Pomona house.  We were expecting a donation truck to come by after 9 a.m. so we needed to set out our no-longer-wanted TV, bags of clothing, and household items.  We stopped at Subway for breakfast sandwiches.  Just after getting out of the van, Doc said, "There is a shiny penny right next to you."  I replied, "The same goes for you!"  (Coins #1&2).

As we were driving to the house, Doc spied a Sit-N-Find which he had noticed last week, but could not retrieve.  More runover this week, but still worth the same.  (Coin #3)

At the Pomona house Doc and I each tackled one box of old documents.  We went through checking statements, pay stubs and other things from before we were married.

At noon I had a dentist appointment to repair the molar tooth which had cracked last Saturday night.  It only took the dentist 3-4 minutes to grind it down.  I was counting on getting a nap while he was working, but there was no chance.

Back at the Pomona house I sorted through more STUFF while Doc graded exams.  At 5 p.m. Doc made a McDonalds run for dinner, one penny and one nickel.  (Coins #4&5)

At 6:30 p.m. Doc met one of his former students for coffee.  They called to say they were going for a Chinese foot massage.  I wasn't going to miss out on that, so I met them at the foot spa. When we emerged at 8:30 it was already dark.  And everyone know 'you can't find coins in the dark'.  Right in front of the spa in an empty parking stall was a penny which was so bright it almost seemed like it was glowing!

Total:    6  Coins        P (5), N (1), D (0), Q (0) = $0.10

Tonight I am transporting my penny trays and log sheets to the Penny Palace.  We are now maybe 55% moved over.

No comments: