Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Sunday, June 17, 2012

Day #1,276 - Move That Chevy!


It was Father’s Day and it was a great one.  The planned schedule for today was to meet son Brian and his fiancée Celeste for coffee, then drive the Chevy from Pomona to Alta Loma, then enjoy a BBQ lunch.  Things went beautifully!

Doc and I were slightly early for our 9 a.m. coffee rendezvous at the Coffee Klatch, so Doc detoured for a McDonalds drive-through sandwich.  I collected a penny while he collected food.
Father's Day Drive


We met for 30 minutes at the coffee shop, then I was anxious to get moving.  Since the Chevy had never ventured more than a few miles from home, I was nervous that there would be numerous ‘glitches’.  The guys inspected the car, Doc washed the windshield, and I did a quick check of emails.  By 10:30 we headed to the Penny Palace.  The Chevy made it the whole way without any glitches.  Even up the steep incline.  Yipee!
Koala Mascot in Back Seat

Brian and Celeste prepared a delectable BBQ lunch for Doc and me.  Brian insisted upon removing the wrapping from the oven - just because.  Then he attempted to show me what pots and pans are supposed to be used for.

At 2 p.m. the guys decided it was time for another coffee, so off we all went to Starbucks.   After that, Doc and I returned to the Pomona house for a few hours of work.  I really didn’t want to go back and work, but Doc insisted.  Then, when we got there, I cleaned while he spent half the time on the phone ordering his new television!  Thursday we had gone shopping and Doc had selected a 60” TV unit which he liked.  However, he wanted to get approvals of his advisors (Wizard and sons) before purchasing.

On the way home from the Pomona house we visited our typical grocery stores.  No coins at the first store, 2 pennies and a quarter at the second store, and one penny near the salads at the back of the third store. (Coins #2-5).



Total:    5 Coins        P (4), N (0), D (0), Q (1) = $0.29

No comments: