Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Day #1,264 - 100,000 Miles


Exam Prep

This morning Doc said I must push everything else aside until his second Final Exam was prepared.  So I assisted him until he was satisfied.  J   Maribel arrived at 9:30 to do three hours of some basic cleaning.  We still have Ramboard on the floors for protection and it ‘sheds’ constantly.  So do the three dogs. 

I was expecting Landscaping Eddie at 10 a.m. but around 11 he called to say maybe tomorrow instead.  No waterfall running tonight.

Pippy Bath
At 1 p.m. I headed over to the Pomona House.  Just before I arrived there, I read Pippy’s odometer - it read 100,000 miles!  She was very dirty and I could barely see through the windshield so I stopped to give her a Celebratory rinse off.   Three pennies found while waiting.  (Coins #1-3).  When we began construction I asked Pippy to be my faithful companion throughout the project and she sure has been.

At the Pomona house, the remaining Stuff is overwhelming.  I sorted, then boxed up 5-6 boxes.  Checked emails as well.  Called about retractable screen doors for the Grand Room.  Called about sprinkler fixes at Rental House #1, etc.

Leaf Sucking
I had a 5 p.m. meeting with Raul back at the Penny Palace.  Saturday I saw him clearing the vacant land across the street and asked him to spend an hour on our place to suck up all the dead leaves.  While he did that, I washed the bird xxxx off two garage doors and the walkways.  The Penny Palace looks much better after a little ‘refreshing’.





It is 7:40 p.m. as I am typing this.  The sun is setting, two dogs are exploring the yard  while one is snoring next to me.  Doc is still at school.  A few birds are chirping.  The breeze is gently ruffling leaves in the trees.  Tranquility.  Nice.

Just as I finished typing that paragraph I noticed that Sparky was not within sight or sound.  I ran around the house and yard looking for him.  No signs of him.  Escapee!  Sound the alert.  I ran out to the front yard and called for him.  Fortunately he responded.  Usually he runs the other direction.  New Action Item - Gate work.

Doc came home with one penny he found at school near the bicycle rack.



Total:    4  Pennies

1 comment:

JR said...

Enjoy that sunset to the west while you can. There'll be a huge house on that lot really soon to block it out. How long can it take to build a house?