Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, June 18, 2012

Day #1,277 - 31 Years


When I first got to know Doc in early June of 1981, I asked him when his birthday was.  He said it was the 18th (which was in a few days), so I offered to take him out for pizza that night. He accepted.  Our first date.  As I was making payment for our meal, Doc would not allow me to pay.  I thought he was being old-fashioned.  He said he had not been taken out by a female before!  Then, he confessed that his birthday was not June 18th, but rather July 18th!  Our first date was made under false pretenses!

31 years later and our “date” began with a routine medical appointment for Doc.  After that he was “nervous hungry” so we enjoyed a delicious Mediterranean meal of kabobs and a gyro sandwich at a local café.

We were in need of some cash, so we stopped at the bank teller machine.  We each found a dime and a penny as we walked separate paths to the bank, then a penny together, then a final dirt penny in a planter as we returned to the van.


Total:    6 Coins        P (4), N (0), D (2), Q (0) = $0.24


Progress on Internet Service:  Not a peep from Charter Cable (the company we have hired).  I’m tired of wasting my time in calling them.  It produces no noticeable results.  This morning we did see a rep from the Water Company out at the street marking the water lines.  When questioned he said the cable service company had made the request.

No comments: