Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day #691 - Sleepover

Since tomorrow is a holiday from school, we have kids here for a sleepover. This is a very rare opportunity, so tonight’s tale will be quick. I want time with them instead of this computer.

***************

Doc FINALLY left the house around 9:30 this morning. It is nearly impossible for me to get any work done while he is home. He either wants to chit chat about all sorts of things, or else wants me to do things for him. Then he says I don’t get much done!

On Doc’s way to school he detoured to McDonalds. He collected a run over quarter in the median as he was turning off the busy street, then a dime and a penny while getting his food. (Coins #1-3)

At noon I headed out to make a bank deposit and find a coin. No wayward coins at the bank, so I went next door to the grocery store and collected a penny and a dime. (Coins #4&5)

Next, I went to Target to seek inspiration for activities do with the kids in our Play Time this afternoon. There was a shiny penny at the Starbucks café area, then a dollar bill on the floor! (Coin #6 + Find #7). One more shiny penny after buying pedometers so we could go walking and step counting on our Play Date. (Find #8).

***************

This afternoon we collected the four kids at 4 PM. We played at the park until it got dark. The kids logged several thousand steps on their new pedometers. By then everyone was really hungry so we dined at the Mediterranean Garden Grill restaurant. The kids sure like tabouli. Little Jaime collected a penny by the register. (Find #9). Then Doc and the kids played at Chuck E. Cheese’s for 30 minutes.

***************

Yes, I did spend much of my day on New House stuff.

***************

Total: 9 Finds P (5), N (0), D (2), Q (1) + $1 = $1.50

No comments: