Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, November 18, 2010

Day #699 - Express Service

On nights like tonight I want to say to the Penny Angels “Look. I am busy actually working on tasks for the new house. Don’t bother me with Penny Finding and having to write a Penny Tale. Isn’t this all about building the house, not writing about it?” Give me a break here!

My morning was filled with emails and phone calls regarding both the townhouse flood and the new house. At noon I headed out to the townhouse. I “suited up” and did some mold remediation. (For a lot less cost than the thousands of dollars the company was going to charge).

The next stop was to pick up Landscape plans at the Blueprint Shop. I am so anxious to see what has been designed. Haven’t even unrolled those yet.

By 2 PM I was at the Architect’s Office for the edits to the Precise Grading Plan. (Been working on those for 3 weeks). While waiting for the Engineer’s signatures on all the sheets, I found a dime near the printing machine. (Coin #1) To that point I hadn’t thought about a coin for today.

***************

I expected next to deliver the plans to the Soils Engineer for his signature. He could sign them in the next few days and we could re-submit on Monday. (The City Offices are closed on Fridays). I did say out loud, “Penny Angels. IF Roger were available right now and IF he was willing to rush the job and sign things, THEN by a miracle we could submit these plans TODAY!” I picked up the phone to call Roger. Then I was “nudged” to call the City Engineer instead. “Matthew, do we REALLY need to get Roger’s signature AGAIN? Nothing has changed on the items within his area”. Matthew said, “We can use the previous signature page if we do some pulling apart and re-assembly of all the drawing sets. I don’t have any meetings this afternoon. Come on down and we can make that happen!” By 4:30 PM our plans were re-submitted! Yippee!

I went out to our property to investigate the weep holes in the existing concrete block wall.

***************

Earlier this week on a day when I didn’t have a penny, Doc said, “You MUST have a penny or it isn’t a ‘Penny Tale’!” So before getting on the freeway I stopped at Trader Joe’s for a penny.

I searched around all the check out lines (both directions) - nothing. I bought some dog food just so it looked like I was there for a reason. The only two open check out lines were those closest to the exit. The cashier, Ray, was very nice and asked me about my dogs.

After making my purchase, instead of heading left and exiting, I headed right and told the Penny Angels I did not plan to leave until I found today’s penny! I didn’t see any coins at any of the closed stations. I was passing by Ray and the last register when I spotted it on the mat where Ray was standing! I claimed the penny, Shared the Penny Finding story with Ray, and gave him a Penny Card. Shared Smiles. Then I walked out the door and found a second penny within a few feet! That’s the Angels and their 2¢ worth again! I was laughing and returned to show Ray. Shared JOY. (Coins #2&3)

***************

On the way home, I detoured for a few moments to Coin Depot in La Verne. Dennis was most helpful. He took one look at our Mystery Coin from Day #694 and said, “I believe it’s Korean - South Korean”. He was right!

***************

8 PM Doc called from school to say he found one penny at Stater Bros. before going to work this morning. Then he found a nickel at the coffee vending machine during his 6 PM class break.

Total: 5 Coins P (3), N (1), D (1), Q (0) = $0.18

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's the plan for day 700?