Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, November 15, 2010

Day #696 - Running Start

This morning by 7 AM I had edited plans on the doorstep of the architect’s office and 3 coins in hand. Off to a running start for this week.

Actually, I woke up at 5:30 AM because my throat was on fire and I was having trouble swallowing. Did not feel like running in high gear; I wanted to ‘keep it in park’. However, by 7 AM I had plans at the architect’s office and had walked through the Carl’s Jr. drive through for a penny and one dime, then the Del Taco window for another penny. (Coins #1-3).

The morning, of course, was spent on the phone and computer trying to resolve the Duarte condo flood situation; City people, waste people, contractors, testing people, etc., etc.

At noon I took a 20 minute break and went to Target to get some photos developed. I spotted a penny in a check out lane. There were people and shopping carts between me and that coin. Then one guy actually stood on it! Tina to the rescue. I said, “Excuse me. I write daily Penny Tales and I’d like to trade you this Penny on a Card for the penny under your foot.” He agreed and I rescued the crushed disk. (Coin #4)

***************

Several hours this afternoon were spent with my physical therapist while Doc went to work. Then we both dealt with the Duarte Flood and the New House projects well into the evening in determining needed actions for this week. Constant Positive Progress (CPP).

Total: 4 Coins P (3), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.13

No comments: