Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, November 19, 2010

Day #700

The day was filled with activities.

In the morning we met with the insurance adjustor and a contractor at the Duarte townhouse.

Traffic was light, so we arrived in the area quite early. Doc went to Starbucks, I headed to the grocery store to search. No coins there, so continued next door to the dollar store. The floors in that store are pretty dirty and I KNEW there had to be a coin there. Was about to give up and leave when I spotted a penny. Retrieved it and spotted a dime as well. (Coins #1&2)

I did a bit of debris cleaning while Doc graded papers.

The meeting with the insurance appraiser went well. Of course he took measurements and our statements as to what happened. Turns out that he and Doc graduated from CPP the same year and had the same (memorable) English instructor.

Doc detoured for a quick lunch at El Pollo Loco before we headed home to make progress on the New House. While waiting for his food, we found three pennies in various planter beds and one penny on the driveway in front of the van. (Coins #3-6).

***************

We spent a little time working on the new house Grading Plan edits, then 30 minutes on the phone with the Loan Funding Agent. He is saying approximately seven weeks to fund the loan. No moving dirt until the loan is secured.

At 2:00 we headed to Murrietta (60 miles south) to meet with a window and door rep. We expected heavy Friday afternoon traffic, but it was light! We arrived 25 minutes early so of course Doc went coffee hunting at Starbucks and I went Penny Finding.

***************

I found one really shiny new shield penny in a parking spot right in front of the Starbucks. I lifted it to show Doc as he emerged from the coffeeshop. He replied, “Great, but what about the one which you just walked over”!? (Coins #7&8).

We spent three hours with Annette, the window / door rep at Dixieline. She was fantastic in helping us make informed decisions. I was slightly disappointed that we had not found a coin in the store. As we were leaving the store I was waiting while Doc used the restroom. There was a penny in the patio furniture display area! I ran back to show Annette. Shared Smiles. (Coin #9).

Doc and I stopped for dinner on the way home. I wasn’t even thinking about pennies, but Doc was. He insisted that he was going to find a coin. He walked the parking lot (in the dark) until he got his coin. (My macho hunter). (Coin #10).

We arrived home to do a few chores then set a 9 PM “date” - to sign the loan documents.

Significant progress today on the Penny Palace

Total: 10 Coins P (9), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.19

No comments: