Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Saturday, November 27, 2010

Day #707 - My Age

One good thing about celebrating Thanksgiving on Saturday versus Thursday is that I spend Friday setting up the house and preparing for the guests instead of going out shopping in the Black Friday Frenzy.

This morning I went to the office supply store to get a ream of paper. The store was fairly empty, so mission accomplished fairly quickly. There were two cashiers at the register as I went to pay and one of them asked me about the Penny Pendant. I told them the Penny Finding Story and gave each a Penny Card. Lucy seemed to really enjoy the story. As I was leaving I found today’s penny and had Lucy witness the find. (Coin #1).

Next I went to the grocery store for some butter and a few items for tomorrow’s dinner. The store was pretty deserted. (Another advantage to celebrating “off peak”). There was a quarter in my check out lane. (Coin #2). Several people witnessed that find so I was passing out Penny Cards. Then a dime in a closed check out lane. (Coin #3).

I was planning to go straight home, but now I wanted a nickel. I stopped at a 7-11, but only found 3 pennies at that stop. (Coins #4-6). After that I went home to clean house, move furniture, do a little mental designing on the new house while I was cleaning, etc.

Doc went to school for a few hours to do some work. He found a dime in the parking lot. (Doc #1)

Total: 7 Coins P (4), N (0), D (2), Q (1) = $0.49 My age as of yesterday

No comments: