Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, February 12, 2010

Day #420 - No Silver, Just Gold

Around noon today Doc and I needed a break. We had been working on tax stuff and I had also been “encouraging him” to deal with calls and tasks which he had been avoiding. We needed a “time out”.

We set out to run a few errands - the post office, the dry cleaner, etc. We stopped to fuel the van and look for coins. I searched three of the gas pump bays and inside the convenience store. Did not find any coins. Doc found a penny in the fourth pump bay! (Coin #1). He pointed to where he found it and I spotted one too! (Coin #2). It was next to the driver’s door of a guy in a big SUV. I smiled at him and said, “You are a witness to my Day #420 Find.” He gave me the questioning look; I gave him a Penny Card. He smiled. Joy shared.

***************

Our next stop was at the architect’s office. Needed to drop off the floorplan edits I made after talking to you last night. She will work on some elevation concepts over the weekend. CPP.

***************

By now Doc was desperate for his Starbucks coffee and nearly intolerable. He went in for coffee, I went next door to the CVS to look for coins. Searched the store, but found nothing. Since Doc had not yet returned to the car I quickly ran into the Dollar Tree store. Got him a green “I Love You” frog balloon for Valentine’s day. Also found two pennies in that store. (Coins #3&4).

I waited patiently (?) for Doc. He emerged from the CVS store - with a penny he had found by the blood pressure machine. But I had looked there! (Coin #5).

***************

I gave Doc the green frog balloon and we laughed. Then he said, “Do you remember how last year on Valentine’s Day the Penny Angels gave you a gift? They gave you handful of red plastic diamonds. This year they did even better! They knew I would not get you anything, so they have given you this bracelet.” He had just found a gold tri-colored bracelet in the parking lot! One of the links was broken. I liked the style, so we made a quick stop at the jeweler to see if it could be repaired. The jeweler said the connecting pins were pretty worn and the bracelet would likely break again if stressed. It would be $8 to repair. So I agreed to repair it. Then the jeweler said he would give me $145 for the value of the gold and just melt it down. Rats! In hindsight I should have sold it. That would help pay for some new shoes that I need and some other things. I don’t NEED a gold bracelet - not very practical.

***************

We also went to the grocery store adjacent to the jeweler - just to look for coins. There was a coin on the change counting machine. (Coin #6) It was not a US coin. How funny! I had forgotten. Yesterday I said out loud to the Angels, “Tomorrow is the Opening Day of the Olympics. Perhaps a foreign coin would be an appropriate find tomorrow.” We also found two pennies in the store. (Coins #7&8). When we got home I looked at the “foreign” coin. It was a golden Chuck E Cheese game token. It is worth 25¢ but I’m not sure that qualifies as “foreign”.

Total: 8 Coins 7 pennies and one game token.

We are seeing the names of all those Olympic countries and some of the stories … makes you want to pack your suitcase and go for a Walk About!

No comments: