Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day #432 - Endurance

As I was leaving the office at 10:30 tonight, I passed by the Student Study Room. It was deserted except for one student and a half dozen backpacks and laptop computers scattered about the room. Hmmmm… which model computer would I like? I thought maybe the rapture had just occurred and the one student and I were left behind.

It turns out the other students had gone to play broomball for a few hours and would be returning after midnight to continue working. Wouldn’t it be nice to be young again and have that kind of endurance? (Although I think some of them sleep through the late morning).

Back to Penny Finding … On the way into work I asked the Penny Angels what they had planned for today since penny searching was not on my agenda. Within a few minutes I found a penny under the vending machine, then when I kneeled to retrieve it, there was a second penny hidden from my original view. 2¢ worth.

Doc has gone to bed so let’s see what his Love Note says:

“Went to the bank to get some cash. Teller machines were gone due to remodeling. Found a dime in the parking lot”.

Whew! No lengthy findings on his part today.

Total: 3 Coins P (2), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.12

Lesson: You come up with something. I’m pooped tonight.

The dictionary describes Endurance as:

…..the ability or strength to continue or last, esp. despite fatigue, stress, or other adverse conditions; stamina

No comments: