Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day #425 - Short Performance

Full day at work. This afternoon, just before class, I needed to deliver a document. I left my office saying, “Penny Angels, I do not have any time to play today, and quite honestly I’m tired and do not even want to think about silly pennies. If YOU want a Penny Tale today, you will need to make it pretty obvious, because I am not going out of my way at all to go searching. Do you understand me?” It was a Short Performance. Within 60 seconds there was a penny in my pathway as I exited the building.

***************

This evening I arrived home from work around 9:30 pm and was totally wiped out. I hoped Doc did not find any coins. There were three pennies on the table, a stack of today’s junk mail, dirty dishes on the kitchen counter, his pants to be mended draped over my chair, 17 flashing messages on the answer machine, etc. and Doc was watching the Olympics! Read my thoughts here.

I had to interrupt Doc’s Olympic sofa time in order to extract his Penny Finding story.

He found the first penny at school today. He visited and reviewed a lecture by one of the newly hired faculty. As he exited the elevators, he saw a penny through the window and proceeded outside to retrieve it. That would have been almost the same location where I found my penny shortly thereafter. Maybe that is a mushroom coin field! He found two more pennies when he got dinner at the Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) drive through window.

Total: 4 Coins 4 pennies

EMail from WG in response to my wanting to search the Olympic Village for coins: “Duh, I didn't think to look for pennies in Vancouver! We were just there.”

No comments: