Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Day #564 - Whirlwind Day

Had a 7:30 call this morning from City Building Dept. - eliminating the requirement for the Geological Report! Wow! We were off to a good start.

We had scheduled a 9 AM meeting at the City with our Project Planner. Of course Doc had to stop at Starbucks. While he went inside and got coffee, I walked the Carl’s Jr. drive through and collected a dime. (Coin #1) Doc hadn’t even placed his order yet, so I kept walking. One penny at the Chick-fil-A window - I had to wait for a big contractor’s truck to get out of my way so I could search! I was saying “Thank You Penny Angels” when I found a very run-over penny in the parking lot. As I said “Thank You” for that penny, I spotted another one. (Coins #2-4)

We met our Project Planner and two other City officials. One-by-one we checked off a dozen required items on the City’s list. Great! Some real progress!

***************

Later this morning we were the recipients of an unexpected ARK. A very generous and experienced gentleman spent an hour consulting with us regarding the overheating problem on our 38 Chevy. (Another side project). What a blessing!

Doc was starving by then, so he stopped at McDonald’s. Two burgers, six pennies (Coins #5-10).

***************

The afternoon was spent working at school. I had an errand across campus and crossed paths with two other instructors in front of the library. One of them often teases me about my Penny Finding. He playfully bent over and picked up something. I thought he was mocking me, but he had seen me and then a Penny right between us in his line of travel! He picked up the penny asking “How do You Do That?” Shared JOY.

Later this afternoon Doc and I received a wedding invitation - with a penny in it!

This evening we spent preparing for our meeting with the architect tomorrow morning.

Whirlwind Day.

Total: 10 Coins P (9), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.19

No comments: