Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, July 9, 2010

Day #567 - On a Roll

Things just seemed to “click” today. We made birthday plans for a work session on the 38 Chevy, things progressed at the Title company, we moved forward on the Arizona projects, some positive info regarding our construction loan, progress on repairs of the rental unit, a wonderful lunch together…

We had planned to work on several projects today. Then Doc found out he needed to go into downtown LA to obtain some documents from the Tax Collector’s office. Taking the Metrolink was the easiest way to go, so after receiving the phone call, Doc had 15 minutes to scramble and make the next train.

I dropped Doc off at the metro station. I instructed him to find coins while he was out. He replied, “I am focused on getting the job done, not searching for coins!"

***************

After dropping Doc off, I gave myself 30 minutes for Penny Finding. Found a penny at the grocery store and shared the story with the cashier there (Penny #1). Next I went to the 99¢ store. I was standing outside looking at the planter beds saying, “I don’t see any coins. If Doc were here, I know he would find a coin. Planters are one of his areas of expertise.” I then telephoned Doc to see if he had made the train and everything was good to go. As I was on the phone talking to him, I spotted a penny in the planter! And then another one and another one! (Coins #2-4)

I went home and dealt with several calls and projects. An hour later Doc called and said that he had the documents in hand, but he would not be returning on the Metrolink because the documents next needed to go to Pasadena. He wanted me to meet him out there! Now it was my turn to scramble and get out the door.

***************

Doc and I met at a gas station. He had found one penny when getting off the subway at the top of an escalator. (Doc coin #1) Then after completing his business downtown, Doc found two pennies when he stopped at Starbucks for a coffee. When he arrived at our meeting point (gas station), he searched there and retrieved one cup of coffee, one penny under the counter and then a dime. (Doc coins #2-5). So much for his “not searching for coins” plan.

***************

We spent the afternoon doing all sorts of things: getting documents to the Title company, investigating flooring for the rental unit, talking to the jeweler about TLC for penny pendant, getting keys, exploring a new Thai restaurant etc. etc.

There were just lots of nice little things today … the traffic lights turned for us, the trams were timely, the traffic was great, parking spots opened up, the waiter at lunch was quick and polite with our delicious Thai food, I obtained what I needed at the various stores, etc.

Do you ever have those days when everything seems to fall into place and you feel like you are “On a Roll”? Aren’t those days delightful?

Thought: So how do we create more of these “On a Roll” Days? They are very productive.

Total: 9 Coins P (8), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.18

No comments: