Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day #585 - Sharing

Sunburned and sore.

We needed to be in Duarte at the condo by 8:15 this morning for carpet removal. Ugg. We stopped at Starbucks. It was amazingly deserted in there - except for the penny shining blatantly on the floor by the register! (Coin #1) While Doc “doctored his coffee” I went out and searched the patio area. There were two ladies who asked if I was searching for something. I told them “Today’s Penny” and one of the ladies tossed a penny out for me. I told her that was considered cheating and shared what Penny Finding was all about… Gave them each Penny Cards. Smiles. Joy Shared.

We arrived at the condo and there were two pennies in my pathway before I reached the front door! It gave me the opportunity to speak with two new neighbors and share the Penny Finding story with them. (Coins #2&3).

We were scrubbing, cleaning out things, replacing screens, etc. One dresser had been moved several times, the drawers had been removed, I had beaten each drawer upside down over a trash can, and was ready to have it hauled away. As I inserted the last drawer, there was a penny lodged in it! I took the drawer to Doc and told him to look at it. He looked and looked and didn’t see the penny! Only a tiny portion of it was showing in the corner of the drawer! (Coin #4). Shared that Find with a few people.

Next I was dealing with a pile of debris in the back yard. I said, “Penny Angels, maybe you could put a penny here to make this job more fun.” And there was a penny in the dirt under the leaves! (Coin #5).

I was so tired that I laid down on the filthy floor for 15 minutes and fell asleep. To Doc that indicated that I was in desperate need of food, so he went to Carl’s Jr. for lunch and returned with 2 dimes and a penny. (Coins #6-8).

On the way home we stopped to fuel the van. I was pooped and did not want to get out of the car. But the Penny Angels nudged me out. Doc had almost finished fueling so I asked the Penny Angles to please show me the penny I was supposed to find. At that moment there was a brilliantly lit penny near a gas pump. (Coin #9). I shared a Penny Card with the attendant.

Penny Fever is spreading. Several people today shared how they have been finding coins.

Total: 9 Coins P (7), N (0), D (2), Q (0) = 27¢

No comments: