Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, July 26, 2010

Day #584 - 2 By 2

Friday Doc and I picked up the latest Grading Plan and a set of drawings from the architect - the Plans for Bids. Last night I was editing those drawings until 3 AM. This morning by 7:45 AM I was at the blueprint shop running lots and lots of copies to send out. There were two ladies at the shop who each said they had coin finds yesterday. Shared stories and Joy for a Monday morning.

At 9 AM Sparky had an appointment with the vet. After his treatment I was paying the bill while he and Doc went for a walk. Doc was about to head back to the car, but was ‘nudged’ to look in one additional parking stall - where he found a dime! (Coin #1).

I didn’t have a coin yet, so we drove through the grocery store parking lot where I collected MY Penny. (Coin #2).

At 10:40 we got a return call that Matthew, and Engineer from Building and Safety would meet with us - at 11 AM (It is a 25 minute drive). Scramble! We had a great meeting. Retaining wall eliminated and earth berm approved! Doc was excited and hungry. Stopped at McDonald’s where we got 2 burgers for him and 2 coins for me! (Coins #3&4)

Next, Doc and I went out to the lot to take some required height measurements of the existing walls. A golden dragonfly flew over to say hello to me - good omen.

At 1:30 we took the data and the notes from the City meeting to the architect. She thinks we can have our package ready to re-submit to the City by Friday.

This afternoon and evening were spent talking to loan officers, arranging work on the Duarte rental, and numerous other minor projects.

Doc and I were laughing. I was asking “Is it Friday yet”? I told him “not-working” is exhausting. Doc replied, “Retirement is a Tough Job!”

Total: 4 Coins P (2), N (0), D (2), Q (0) = 22¢

The coins came in 2 by 2 today. Tina’s ARK is coming together!

No comments: