Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, July 8, 2010

Day #566 - Rewarding

These Leave of Absence days are sure Fully Loaded!

This morning Doc and I made numerous calls and emails for the various projects going on. Then we had an 11:15 appointment for a mammogram. I say “we” because we have the same physician and book all our medical appointments together and are in the room with each other during each appointment.

***************

Doc had to stop at Starbucks en route to the medical clinic. He got coffee, I walked next door to the Chick-fil-A and collected a dime and four pennies at the drive through. (Coins #1-5).

As I was getting my mammogram (Ouch), the technician, Rebecca was a delight to talk to. She noticed my Penny Pendant and asked about it … Penny Cards, Penny Tales, Shared Joy. My son, Stephen works at that Medical Office and Rebecca mentioned how really nice he is. Rewarding to hear such nice comments.

***************

We went out to lunch with Stephen and while dining a lady came over to our table with her husband at her side and various relatives behind her. The family was from Bolivia and their English was moderate. The husband was apologizing for the interference while she was shaking Stephen’s hand saying, “Thank You. Because of you I am walking! I was just telling my family about my wonderful Doctor and here your are!” How Rewarding for Stephen to hear that from a patient. Then the lady thanked us as parents! How Rewarding.

***************

We had other appointments then took an hour out to ‘play’. Doc’s jacket is totally frayed (not even the Goodwill would take it). So we stopped to get him a new jacket. He liked the fit of one, but I liked the looks of another. We were trying to decide which to get. Flip a coin? As Doc set the two jackets down, he spotted a penny! (Coin #6) Doc interpreted that to mean: “get BOTH jackets”. (The one I liked was only $15, so he splurged).

As we left the department store, Doc found a penny in the parking lot. (I had looked there on the way into the store. (Coin #7)

Next we stopped to duplicate some keys for the Duarte rental unit. As we were driving out of the lot and stopped at a red light, Doc put the van in park, unbuckled his seat belt, retrieved a penny from the driveway and had the car back in gear before the light turned green. Good exercise for him! (Coin #8)

Total: 8 Coins P (7), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.17

No comments: