Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, March 21, 2011

Day #822 - Rainy Monday

It was too rainy for any work to take place on the construction site, so instead I made numerous follow up calls and performed other clean up actions. In one folder I noticed an action item for school which needed dealing with this week! So this rainy day provided a good opportunity to get that report completed.

At 5 PM I headed to campus. It is Spring break, so the place was deserted. Since I had not found any coins yet today, I headed for one of the student study rooms. Lots of trash and clutter in the aftermath of Final Exam week. Plus one lonely penny in the corner. (Coin #1)

I had a “nudging” that one of my favorite colleagues might still be on campus, so I headed for his office. Sure enough, he was there. We had a few wonderful moments together. It was like a high-voltage “electrical quick charge”. Don’t you love those encounters? We discussed all sorts of topics from seniors citizens who drive, to my construction project, to classroom topics and, of course, penny finding. His office phone rang and our encounter came to a quick close. Upon leaving I spotted a dime (Coin #2) and had to run back and flash it to him while he was on the phone. Nice closure to that little episode. Shared Joy.

This evening Doc had a coffee meeting with one of his former students and now, colleague. He found a penny outside Starbucks (Coin #3).

Thought: Who re-charges You? And then, Who do you re-charge?

How can you charge someone’s day tomorrow?

Total: 3 Coins P (2), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.12

No comments: