Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day #832 - Time Flies

The last day of March. One fourth of the year has passed. Nine months of my one year leave of absence. Time sure flies when your are either having fun with what you are doing or are in love. If you have both conditions, look out!

This morning I met my friend, Mandy, at 7:30 AM out on the jobsite. She has been an integral part of the new house project for at least 15 years. We “walked through” the various rooms of the house and enjoyed the thoughts of future times there. We took an exercise walk around the neighborhood and past Steve and Laura’s potential new home.

Mandy and I had 45 minutes before she had to leave for her next appointment. What to do? Penny Finding and Breakfast! She asked if I wanted to share a banana with her. I told her no, I would splurge and buy us each our own banana! So we ate and walked and found pennies. The first penny within a few feet of her vehicle. Mandy exclaimed, “That was pretty easy”! We found one at the gas pumps, one or two at the car wash, three dirt pennies in a planter, and a few others. All pennies. (Coins #1-9). Time flew by.

***************

Doc was also on the construction site today. Happy Report: The concrete inspector arrived and signed off for our next pour. Expected to occur on Monday.

The crew was laying concrete block for two walls of the garage as well as the patio retaining wall. Temperatures were nearing 100 degrees, yet the crew kept working. I bet time was NOT flying quickly enough for them today.

***************

Doc collected one median penny on his way home. (Coin #10), then a penny and a dime at the grocery store. (Coins #11&12)

Total: 12 Coins P (11), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.21


No comments: