Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, October 1, 2009

Day #286 - Contagious

Our Aussie guests spent their second night here and it was wonderful to have more Sharing and laughter over breakfast. Then Gloria departed and will spend the next week conducting quilting workshops in So. Calif. Tony’s mother passed away this past week in Australia, so he is staying an additional night with us before heading home to deal with arrangements. I headed off to school with Doc’s instructions, “Go forth and Penny Find!”


***************

I hadn’t yet reached my office when I found a quarter! (Coin #1) I called Doc to tell him we had our coin for today and while talking to him, I found a penny. (Coin #2)

A colleague passed me in the hallway with an outstretched hand saying, “Just found this penny”.

Another colleague sent two pennies in the campus mail to me. Penny Fever is Contagious.

At noon as I was walking along with one of my students and she was telling me about her penny finds over the past 4 days. There was a penny in our path! I let her pick it up because that will make Consecutive Day #5 for her! ;-) Penny Fever is Spreading. Within a few more minutes we spotted two dimes at the Subway counter and then a penny a few minutes later (Coins #3-5).

Even though I had enough coins already, I just could not resist passing through the cafeteria / Marketplace. It was University Hour (peak lunch time) and not a good choice of times. There were 15-20 people in some of the lines and if I did spot a coin, it would be really awkward to walk through the waiting people to go up to the registers and retrieve the coin. So the angels placed the coins in easier-to-access spots. There were two pennies in different places of the C-Store, one by the salad bar, and one near the Taco Bell exit. (Coins #6-9).

This afternoon Doc passed by my office on the way to his lecture class. He had collected a penny at the bottom of the staircase while walking with a student. (Coin #10). An opportunity to Share the story with someone new. Penny Fever is contagious.

***************

This evening we took our Aussie guest for a Mexican dinner. There was a dime under one table as we entered the restaurant, then a penny out in the parking lot. (Coins #11&12)

Today’s Total: 12 coins P (8), N (0), D(3), Q(1) = 63¢

Help spread Penny Fever vs. the H1N1 Flu

No comments: