Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Day #299 - Zooming

When I arrived at work this morning, a co-worker said “You are here unusually early - I haven’t even had time to check the vending machines before you get to them”. I replied that I had checked them late last night before leaving work and there should not have been much activity yet today. But what the heck? Why wait until late this afternoon to search? I set down my belongings and ran downstairs to look. Returned to my office within minutes - Quarter in hand! (Coin #1).

A very full day at work. This afternoon was the biweekly play time with my niece and nephews. Of course, on the drive to fetch them, I asked the Penny Angels to let the kids find coins - always fun.

We spent an hour at the library. Stories, but no coins. Then, since it was a rainy day, we investigated a new place -- Jump ‘n and Jammin. I had never even heard of such a place before. We arrived as it was closing for the day.

I walked in and saw aspects of the place which aligned with a “nudging” idea I had during the night last night! Those ideas completely perplexed me. I was amazed that the manifestation of some of those appeared today! While I was enquiring about the entrance fees, Little Ashley slipped me a penny and said “I found a penny - in my pocket”. I thanked her and told her it would go into my jar of Love Coins.

We had a great dinner at the mall and the kids even tried sushi. Good to be open to new experiences. Next we went to Chuck E. Cheese Play Center - their favorite spot. I dread all the noise and commotion, but they love it! Ashley and I found 2 pennies at the bubble popping game. We had played the game, walked away for a few minutes, then returned to find 2 pennies there. Mushroom coins. (Coins #2&3).

While the kids were playing games I found another penny (Coin #4) and two CEC tokens (value 50¢).

Since it is a school night, we returned the kids by 8:15. Early enough to do some shopping on the way home. I ran to Aaron Bros. frames for a birthday gift and a penny. (Coin #5)

Doc also had some success today. While outside of one store he concluded that debris would be washed into a low-lying flower bed when the patio areas were hosed. Sure enough, he found a penny there. (Coin #6). Then he stopped at Trader Joes for salads and a dime. (Coin #7)

Today’s Total: 7 Coins: P (5), N (0), D (1), Q (1) = 40¢

***************

I am excited. A dear friend has been reading Penny Tales since the very first stories. (And I mean even before the 299 Consecutive Series began). Yesterday she wrote:

Tuesday, 13 October 2009

I just found my first penny. A “Mushroom. A patient left my office. He closed the door as he left….and there it was. Right in the middle of the threshold on my side of the door. It is 3:30 PM … Where did it come from? I had just had a little praise session with him and his parting words to me were, “God loves us both very much. You are a super Lady,” And then… the Penny! BIG SMILE!

She has been so excited and has had Penny Fever for the past year. Maybe because she is a nurse, her soul was more resistant to showing any symptoms. Maybe Penny Finding is like riding a bike -- it takes the “Right Balance”. It could take some people a while to get the hang of it, but once they do, they can zoom!

Side note: I just couldn’t resist looking up “ZOOM”. I was trying to decide between Zooming and The Right Balance for today’s title.

Zoom: To climb at a steeper angle than may be maintained in continuous flight.

Reflections: What aspects of your life need to be balanced or adjusted to keep you ZOOMING?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unfair hydrological analysis!

Hui said...

"Penny angels, where are you? I need a penny to tell Tina about..."
One second later I found a dime. Whoo hoo!