Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, October 8, 2009

Day #293 - Tradeoffs

Let’s see if we can write a quick Tale tonight. A fairly average day except for the email from the credit card company saying there were potentially fraudulent charges on my credit card. No, I did not buy Men’s clothing in Great Britain this morning.

This morning I stopped at Staples to look for supplies for an upcoming work event. Did not find what I was seeking or any coins either. L Walked next door to the CVS Pharmacy just to look for coins. There was a penny on the floor by the cash register, then a penny by the bags of ice. Found a dime under a candy display (had to move the wire rack a wee bit), and then a penny near the door as I was leaving. Mission accomplished. Done for the day. (Coins #1-4)

At 5 p.m. I was running with one of my students across campus. I was really, really tempted to run through the campus marketplace on our return, but she gently reminded me that I had work to do and already had coins for today. (Sometimes it’s hard to control the Penny Fever).

***************

New House Update;

Several people have asked about progress on the new house. Hasn’t been any because we haven’t done anything. With school starting and Aussies visitors and family obligations, there just has not been time to devote to the house.

Doc has been saying for 3 weeks that he was going to contact a contractor we spoke with in order to get a lead for a draftsperson. He claims he ‘tried’ to get a hold of the contractor several times. I got impatient and sent an email this morning. Within two hours I had a response and forwarded the contact information to Doc (of course emphasizing the fact that I got a response so quickly). J

I realized Doc would be in class all afternoon, so I called the Draftperson’s office. The receptionist was quite polite and said Steve would be with me in a minute or two - he was on the phone with another client. Within 10 seconds Steve was with me and added me to his existing call. It was Doc! Steve asked if I knew the man on the other line. :-0 We all had a good laugh. The “Pina Colada Song” by Rupert Holmes came to mind.

***************

Doc had 4 hours of lecture this afternoon, then stopped at McDonalds on his way home. He collected a penny and a dime there.


Today’s Total: 6 Coins P (4), N (0), D (2), Q (0) = 24¢

Reflections: Less time on Penny Finding, resulting in a few moments on new house. Tradeoffs.

No comments: