Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, October 2, 2009

Day #287 - ByeBye Aussies

It was a furlough day at work which was appreciated since we still had Tony, our Australian guest, with us. His mother had passed away earlier in the week, so he had made arrangements to fly home today while Gloria continued to San Diego and her lecture tour.

The guys went shopping for electronics while I did lots of things around the house. They found a penny (Coin #1) at Office Max when buying a camera. At noon I ventured out of the house. Was headed to the bank, but walked through the grocery store to Find. There was a dime as I walked through the doors and then a quarter in one of the check out lines. I didn’t have time to chit chat, so grabbed the quarter and dropped a business card to the nice-looking couple in the check out line. I said, “I’m writing Penny Tales and it is Day #287 of Penny Finding”. I smiled and left. (Coins #2&3)

At the car wash I looked everywhere, but found nothing. Went next door to the 99¢ Store to get my dragonfly balloon recharged. (See photo). Returned to my washed truck and found a penny next to it! Asphalt Penny? (Coin #4). I went next to the jeweler to pick up Doc’s repaired watchband. Walked through the supermarket to Find a penny (Coin #5).


We took Tony to the airport and told him he could not leave the country without

paying his “duty” - a found coin. I have never seen the airport so deserted and clean. The floors were gleaming white and we were saying how you could see clear across the terminal and there were no coins anywhere. A mushroom penny appeared on the floor in the luggage area (Coin #6) and Tony “paid his departure fee”.

On our way home, Doc insisted upon going to Starbucks (at least it was a different one than usual). Only a walkup one ;-) But there were lots of outdoor tables and I found a dime under one of them. Then Doc came out of Starbucks and sat at that same table saying, “There was a quarter here”. He had spotted it from inside Starbucks while doctoring his coffee. Not a bad stop after all! (Coins #7&8).

We went downtown Claremont to pick up a dinner to take home. Son Steve called as we were walking into the diner, so we kept walking the area while talking to him. Doc found one penny in a parking lot, then I found a dime and penny under a park bench. (Coins #9-11).


Today’s Total: 11 coins P (6), N (0), D(3), Q(2) = 86¢

No comments: