Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Saturday, October 10, 2009

Day #295 - Warming Up

This morning I had just two hours to RUN errands before we needed to leave home for a wedding.

So at 8 a.m. I took off. The first Planned stop was my mom’s house to water her plants (she is away from home for 6 weeks). While en route, the Penny Angels nudged me to stop at the Circle K next to the fitness center where I was working out earlier this year. I hopped out of my truck with the Singsong:

Penny Angels, Penny Angels, what do you say?

It’s been a long time since I’ve been this way.

Surely you have a coin for me today.

I had not finished the Singsong when I spotted a quarter just 4 parking stalls from my truck! (Coin #1)

After watering mom’s plants, I stopped at the bank. There was a book by the coffee station: Stories from Heaven”. I chatted for a moment with the Bank Manager about the book and told her it was Day #295 of Penny Finding. I put the book back, turned to leave and heard a loud snapping noise. That was followed by the type of severe pain that makes you nauseated. Left leg calf gave way. Ouch. Can’t explain it. Managed to get inside the truck before screaming and crying. Stick shift. I called Doc to ask him to prepare an ice pack.

Needed to photocopy our floorplan sketches for tomorrow’s meeting with the Designer. I did not want to go anywhere, but knew it must be done. There was a penny behind the counter at Print Works, so I told the owner, Ali, about Penny Tales and asked him for the penny. He gave it to me (Coin #2).

While I was running errands, Doc was going out for breakfast. He found a penny at the drive through of Johnny’s Burgers. (Coin #3)

The wedding this afternoon was lovely. Instead of a dress and heels as planned, I went in pants and a crutch. For sure no dancing. L The bride and groom were both students of ours and it was sheer JOY to meet their extended families and be part of the celebration.

Lesson: Stretch and WARM UP before RUNNING Errands!

Translate that to: Spend a moment in quiet contemplation before starting the franticness of the day.

(Which I did not do this morning).

Today’s Total: 3 Coins: P (2), N (0), D (0), Q (1) = 27¢

No comments: